Skip to main content

This Picnic

 Sharing with The Sunday Muse #244.

Photo Manipulation by Artist Okan Ozel

This picnic takes place in the rain.
Tomatoes, cheese, and ash. 
Wear your lies pave', rhinestoned.
Your sandwich rests on the tracks.
This discordant grill whistles on,
to crush the coins you need to pass.
Five chords born backboned,
already crumpled to cash. 

Is it wrong that I've been watching craft videos lately (painting, sewing, etc.) and am now thoroughly jealous of the idea that some projects can be filmed and completed in a week? I'd like to be able to do that with the novella I'm currently working on...one week to transform an idea from scribbled in a notebook to printed in a book, all shiny and ready to be read. Tune in next week for Notebook to Novella!
-- Chrissa


 

Comments

  1. Good luck with the novella
    Happy Sunday

    Much❤love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely piece of writing and best of luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coins on the track. Mrs. Jim went bonkers when I told her about flattened coins
    on the tracks. She hadn't heard of doing that until just now and top it off, her
    Daddy worked on the railroad switching cars (he died when she was seven).
    Kids in our high school carried them as being a lucky piece.
    Best wishes for the novella.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you took from this image, Chrissa! Good look with novella.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Once Upon a Future Past

  Sharing with The Sunday Muse #204 . It's too far in the afternoon, I thought but evening ran behind me dragons, demons, and the sleeping world; afraid to turn, to wake me. Power needs its horror stories, its ghosts. It's too far in the afternoon, I thought but evening followed close; a fantasy of goodness, where the gold is always covering bones. Power needs its fairy tales, its witches. It's too far in the afternoon, I thought but evening treads my hem, like an army from the dragon's teeth and all the lies therein. -- Chrissa

On Bad Days

  Sharing with The Sunday Muse #186 . Sorry. Probably best to skip this one. On bad days I argue with the void: it is empty; I call it full of nothing made pathological; therefore it obsesses to possess mass, to be something arguing with the universe but shouting in the mirror black as starlit backdrop, as stars that fall deeper and deeper into time until they  drag everything into the void and are empty, wrung out of needing to have an argument and then we look at each other, deep in the black fallen forever of our gaze.  I wasn't going to post this week. But that probably doesn't matter...because here is a post. This has been a weird week and, in the midst of much more important things, my NaNo project just [temporarily] self-destructed. There will be a return to that project and I'm already sharpening the knives for it. Just need to let a little off-topic anger abate so that everyone doesn't get flamethrowers and a crazy 80's soundtrack. AAAAAAAAEEEEEIIIIIIIIIII!...

Fearsome by Survival

  Sharing today with T he Sunday Muse #189 , where Shay is hosting. Come and read and share a piece! On a web-white, wool-quiet morning I found the girl our stories gave us The one who survived She wore the meadow, carded and sewn Long since burned for field Still, she knew me Her stories named me fierce, feral She might have feared  The one who devours Neither of us spoke, patient at morning Breath, warmth, silence Innocent of power We know the stories kill us both We know that we become Fearsome by survival Hello and welcome. It's 67 degrees outside this morning and a warm December weekend might seem like the kind of thing that would prevent me from following through on a plan to hibernate with a good book for the rest of the weekend...but it's the doomscrolling that's run down the charge on my phone that's preventing me from doing that. Also, I may have developed an intolerance to long stretches of quiet during the past year and a half.  Anyway. Looking forward to r...